We’re not sure whether Seattle agent Shanel Shack bought this shirt at Pike Place Market or just wanted everyone to know she had no interest in going inside.
Regardless, we know one thing she definitely is VERY interested in: that is helping Emerald City creative talent find amazing jobs.
Check out some of her advice to job seekers and hiring managers alike by reading her answers to our 7 Quick Questions. Then be sure to give her a call!
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? A sense of humor. There’s nothing I value more than a person who doesn’t take life too seriously. In every part of your life you'll face some kind of adversity, but what better way to deal with it than being able to laugh about it?! No one likes a Debbie Downer!
- Best creative/digital event in your city? The breakfast lecture series for the creative community in Seattle, Creative Mornings, is hands down the best event I've attended (so far). The events are free and feature a short talk and breakfast! They bring in Seattle’s most creative minds and always cover compelling topics relevant to the industry.
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? I have always been fascinated by all things art and design. I consider myself an appreciator because I can't even draw a stick figure without forgetting to add an arm or leg somewhere. The idea of being surround by creative minds and marvel at their abilities truly excited me. Nothing makes me happier than listening to a talent speak so passionately and enthusiastically about their creations. Plus, I get paid to look at kick-a** portfolios day in and day out!
- What’s your favorite interview question? I could never decide, but some of my top ones? "What vegetable do you think best represents you as a person?" "What is your favorite kitchen utensil?" "What are your thoughts on the Kardashians?" When I meet with talent I like to keep it light and fun because this helps me to understand what type of company culture will they will thrive in! Oh, and if you're curious, I'd go with artichoke. I am a little awkward on the outside, but once you get past that, you'll reach the heart. **AWWWW, SO CUTE!!!***
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? PokemonGo has changed my life. I spent 6 hours walking around Discovery Park tracking down Charmanders. This is coming from someone that considers walking to Full Tilt for ice cream a form of exercise.
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? Easy! I am an observer and I am always trying to figure out what other people are thinking and overanalyzing situations. I need a Mind Reader app in my life ASAP.
- Name 3 things you think will become obsolete in ten years. Passwords. How can we remember them all? Fingers crossed for facial recognition! Phone charging cords. Wireless charging here we come! Toilet paper. No clue how this would happen, but I think of all the waste it would reduce!